View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 03:47 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
Yes, if ETI did an E Ink device that incorporated some of the nicer features of the 1150, they would have a winner.
You think so? I rather get the impression the REB fans are primarily in the "if it doesn't have a backlight it's worthless" camp. That's certainly a viewpoint that's been rather, er, forcibly expressed in the past . These are people who don't WANT eInk because you can't read it in the dark.

One thing that makes it a "legacy device" is the fact that (as I understand) it uses SmartMedia cards for storage. I don't believe that SmartMedia cards are still made, even if the machine itself is.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote