View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
ever think of splitting calibre into 3 different apps

Hi,

Just a thought, but calibre itself has grown to the point that it really might help to split it into 3 separate apps:

1. ebook library manager for ereaders
2. ebook conversion tool
3. website, magazine, and news slurper to ebook

It would be more focused, easier to maintain, can be updated separately. Users could just get the apps they really want or need, etc.

I find I use the ebook conversion stuff the most, I virtually do not use the library functions as I have a Sony library to do what I want, nor do I typically use the website, magazine slurping feature.

Any thoughts on that direction?

Thanks,

KevinH
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote