Thread: Just curious...
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #24
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
It hurts my hands to type on something with no feedback, honestly.
Fascinating, I've never heard of such a thing, is the pain caused by lacking the feedback or is it because of poor posture caused by the flat surface of the tablet.

I have suffered some pain when using a conventional keyboard and using two thumbs to type. My thumbs get stiff and ache after extensive typing, but that is due to over using my thumbs. I since I started using swipe (FlexT9) to write text and I don't suffer any discomfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
Plus, I seriously doubt any on-screen keyboard could get me up to full speed. Full speed, for me, is 80wpm. I have never heard of anyone doing more than half that on a screen.
Amazing, I can't even think that fast.

Your are correct, the fastest time recorded for typing with swipe is 70 wpm, without any typos. A keyboard called messageEase claims a proficient user can average 50wpm. Me I can only type 65wpm so these keyboards get close results
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote