View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
On the flip side though, from my own personal experience, I would say that having an ebook reader has actually lead to me reading more than I was before. There are a few other reasons for this.

1. Previously, obtaining books was often done once every few weeks and I had to pick multiple books. Often when I was thinking of starting a new book, none peaked my interest at that moment. Now, I can almost always find something between here, Baen, PG/Manybooks.net/Feedbooks and smashwords.

2. An ebook reader is more convenient to carry around than a hardback or trade paperback. Result, its usually with me.

3. Since ebooks never flip closed by accident, they are great for the Gym, or for places where I might need to stop fairly frequently for brief periods.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote