View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #26482
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The keeper did a hunting go
Under his cloak he carried a bow
All for a shoot, a merry little doe
Among the leaves so green, oh

Jacky boy
(Master)
Sing me well
(Very well)

Hey, down, ho, down, very, very down

To my head on down, to my whole on down
Hey, down, ho, down, very, very down

The first, oh, she did cross the plain
The keeper fetched her back again
Where she's now she may remain

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxTrHDySOM )

Good morning, everyone. Today is the second Saturday in October, which means 'Opening Day' of Bow season in Vermont. Quiet in the woods, (no guns allowed for hunting now,) and always a dusting of snow on the ground making tracking a bit easier. It's the time to harvest the summer-fed deer for a winter of good eating... if you're lucky. This year, because the deer herd has grown so healthy due to proper game management, each hunter can take one buck and one doe. God willing, enough will be taken to keep the herd size in check so as not to over-tax the available food supply. If that happens, there will be massive winter die-off due to starvation and illness. It's a sad, bad feeling to be walking through the woods in the early spring, and finding hundreds of dead deer, knowing that they starved to death, or died of illness spread through a weakened herd. I'll get off my soap box now...

Time for a mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea. Where I back in New England, this morning's breakfast would have been at 4am with a group of friends, drinking tea and coffee, tucking into pancakes, sausage, bacon, home-fries, biscuits, etc., and filling thermoses to carry into the woods. Tradition going back many, many years...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote