View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
You keep saying that, so I'm wondering if this is just an extreme view-point, or if you're talking about the "LitConverter.exe" GUI rather than the "ConvertLIT GUI\ConvertLIT.exe"? It seems to me that the latter does a worthwhile job, especially considering that it can integrate with the Windows Explorer-UI. I do happen to know my way around a command-line, but it seems to me that it's worth it and would be even more so for people who weren't familiar with a CLI.
The reason is to help people learn to use the command line. They other tools for stripping DRM do not have a GUI. So if you can learn to use ConvertLIT via the command line, you might be ok with the others should you have them and use them. The problem we have today is that the GIU (Windows, Linux, OS X) has not helped learn how to use a command line. And sometimes a command line is actually easier to use as in the case of ConvertLIT. I find it easier to use from a command line then the GUI.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote