View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
The problem is that Tegra doesn't matter, unless it's one of the big publishers, no one is actually developing games for it. There are more devices that DON'T support it than there are ones that DO. Heck, none of my Android devices can run them.

And the experience on something like the Nexus 7 could be better, but there just isn't the framework to do so. So until Google actually introduces better tablet optimized views, it's not going to change. HTML5 doesn't even help in this case because every device renders it completely different because of old webkit versions being shipped with them.

I didn't bring up the ecosystem because it isn't fair to compare the two for that reason. I think developers would LOVE to make better apps, it just isn't possible yet.

Resolution doesn't matter, it's the readability that counts. I have a S2 Skyrocket that has a 800x480 screen. It has the best blacks I've seen on ANYTHING, including my iPhone 4 and Late 2011 MacBook Pro. And like I said, comics look great on the Mini and the slightly bigger screen makes all the difference. It has more real estate.

Storage isn't a problem. I just loaded 100+ apps and I have 6.7 GB left. That's more than enough for me.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote