View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've done two books with PoD and another on its way. Both through Lightning Source. There are set-up fees, but much lower per-copy print costs that Lulu, and you can set a 20% discount and still get it on Amazon.

You should only go the lightning source route if you expect to sell books. Otherwise the no-setup-charge from Lulu is hard to beat. (Note that Lulu themselves use Lightning Source for their books in distribution.)

Lightning Source do have a UK branch, but you'll need to be prepared to become a 'proper' publisher, buying your own ISBN range, and producing ready-to-print PDFs.

http://www.lightningsource.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
So, the questions to my esteemed fellow writers and readers are these:

1. Have you gone the POD route and what do you think of it?

2. Do you plan on going POD at any time or are you happy with Digital only distribution?

3. If you have gone the POD route, what do you recommend? So far I'm investigating Wordclay, Lulu and Amazon's own offering. Any experiences, good or bad, with these services?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote