View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayram88 View Post
I can't believe... this mess because of an update!
I held the power button to the right for about 20 seconds but nothing happened.
Still that screen.
I don't think the battery's dead, before updating it was at 51% of charge.
but when I connect it to my computer it doesn't recognaize the reader, nor it charges.
If you hold the power button down for 20 seconds and nothing happens, that is what is expected. This is forcing the power off and the device will respond by turning off, but because of the state it is in, it can't change the screen.

Once you have done this, you can do a factory reset. The simplest way is to hold the home button down, slide the power button over and release it. And the release the home button when the lights start flashing. If they don't, after 30 seconds, try it again.

If the above doesn't work, you can try the home+pinhole reset. Again, make sure the device is off. Then hold the home button down and push something in the pinhole at the back until you feel it click. Wait for the lights to flash and then release the home button.

If the above doesn't work, connect the device to power and leave it for a few hours. The power might have run out since you were last able to check the charge level. e-ink screens use no power to keep an image on the screen. They can only be changed by the system running. If the power ran out in the state you describe, there is no way for it to update the screen to tell you. Also, don't worry about the fact the PC doesn't recognise it, just let it charge. And if you get impatient and try it after ten minutes, accept that it didn't work and plug it in and wait (and yes, that is what I would do).