Thread: Trade-in PB302?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
The PB302 is a 2010 device which most of us own less than half a year. It is evident that PB will not issue the firmware that will fulfill the promises of a decent browser, rss, writing app, etc. and still remain a trustworthy and stable ereader. The attention of PB is now focused on new devices which are causing enough headaches to PB's firmware developers; they will not be in a position to focus on the PB302 seriously ever again, or so it seems.
Anyway, I feel a little (??? no, a lot) abandoned by PB. I feel they sold me a hardware device with a lot of potential, but will never supply the firmware to go with it.
I'd like PB to simply admit this and offer PB302 owners (and why not PB301 owners too) a reasonable trade-in. Personally I would be interested in some deal against the upcoming PB360 successor.
What do you all think?
While it may be true hat PB focuses on the new models right now, we will not stop development for our other models. This is a promise that we will keep. Please try to understand that we have only a limited number of programmers. There will be a firmware update for 302 early in the new year and most of the advanced features available for the new readers will be available for the 302, as well.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote