View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
yes, I just returned from http://www.theezreader.com/ because of Joebill's post pointing out that the Plus and the PPro are now on the website. I also noted the new FW and was getting ready to post a question like yours.

From your description, (V2.02ASTAK.100706) it is the same FW that was already loaded on my replacement PPro which I received in mid-August. At the time, no one had ever heard of it, and Astak support's response via Jenifer was that the April FW was the latest, but that they only recommend the December FW.

I commented at the time that the screen seemed to have more contrast (darker font) than the one I broke. In addition, I also observed the menu font seemed a little larger and easier to read. So it would appear that Astak finally received the FW that the factory was already sticking on newly-shipped items.

I can say that having been using the FW for about a month, I have seen no problems with it, and although I tested a little epub.fb2 on it just to see if CR was there, I haven't done much else to test it except read read read.

Note: the "ebook" tab still only goes to a page listing outside sources for ebooks. No direct link to their own ebook store (yet, perhaps?). And I guess the site isn't really back up/repaired/whatever. All readers are still shown "out of stock".

Last edited by eGeezer; 09-18-2010 at 12:03 AM.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote