View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Now that's a new one. I've never heard of an ebook-eating virus. *is scared* Excuse me while I update my virus definitions.

Anyway, the first thing you should do is look with your file manager (I'd guess that would be Windows Explorer since you've had virus problems) and see if your ebook files are where you thought you left them. Checking the recycle bin would also be good. If you know the filenames of some of your ebooks, do a file search for them. If the files are physically there, you can just re-import them, though you'll probably have lost your metadata.

Well, actually thevery first thing you should do is have this moved over to the calibre support forum (it's down the board a ways). That's where the calibre gurus hang out. I'll ask the mods to move it, so it's in front of the experts as quickly as possible. I'm not a calibre guru, just a user, so someone may have an answer to this along the lines of "frob the thingamagummy and the whatchamacallit" that will recover the metadata too (and they're good at translating from techie to layman).

If your problem can be fixed, someone here will probably know how to fix it.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote