View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
That behavior happens with iPods. When the PC detect a new iPod, presumably registered to someone else, it starts wiping memories. Kobo does not do it that way. You can have both of them registered to your account at once and can still read on the old one. Actually, Apple lets you have 2 iPods too but not if they are registered to different accounts.
This is one of the reasons why I prefer open source software like Linux. I can have as many devices as I want registered to as many accounts as I want, and my software won't try and hijack them and force me to "behave".
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote