View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
The experimental browser is in both and all it is is a clunky WebKit browser. It is good for some things but it is not on the level of a tablet. It is something I don't even use.

Now as someone who has and loves both the Glo and Aura I would have to ask what are the things that are important to you. I use my Glo on the road and my aura at home. I will list a few of the things I find I like about each one. (I'm typing on my phone so bear with me).

Glo - more portable, better case selection. Cheaper. Very nice and even front light and crisp easy to read screen

Aura- bigger screen. Easier to read even with my bad eyesight I can make the font lower and fit more per page meaning less page turns. Better front light than any reader I own. I am partial to the home screen on the Aura but that is a matter of opinion. And I like having more on board storage.

The Aura is not that much heavier and while it is less portable than my Glo it is more portable than my iPad. The only reason I don't carry it around is because I want to get my money's worth out of the Glo.

You really can't go wrong with either reader. The downside to the Aura is lack of variety in covers and it is more expensive than the Glo. Everything else is, like my post, a matter of opinion.
To me portability is not that much of an issue even if I didn't own a Glo. I have older ereaders that were considered portable that are bigger than the Aura

Anyways enough of my rambling. As I said before either one is an excellent choice. Have fun deciding and enjoy which ever one you choose.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote