View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #149
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
Hello, I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. I did the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Changing Book Titles to include Series Info

One probably also wants to change book titles to include Series info. That gets done via what is called a "metadata plugboard". Through these you are able to modify items like the book's title or author as it gets transferred to your device.

Goto Preferences | Import/Export | Metaboard plugboards

On the line that reads Add new plugboard do the following
  • In the box Format (choose first) select epub
  • in the Device (choose second) box select KOBOTOUCH
  • In the Source Template the magic happens . Here you have a lot of options
    • To modify the book's title to <Series> - <Number> - <Title> type
      Code:
      {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
But I am a bit confused about the difference between that and the "Set Series Information" option in the KoboTouch plugin configuration area. (Found at: Preferences > Plugins > Device Interface Plugins > KoboTouch)

Is it redundant to have this selected as well if I've already created a plugboard to add series info to the book title? Or does it do something completely different? If one must choose one or the other which is best?

Thanks!
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote