View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #182
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
As a photographer I agree 100%. Sorry guys but I need to eat. I don't have huge reserves that allow me to give stuff away and hope someone will take pity on me and slip be $20 now and again.
There are other types of creativity that are not protected by copyright, probably because it is much harder to copy them.

For example, suppose I design & build a totally unique house. Of course that would be news worthy so you might take a picture of my house and sell it to News Week. Then they might publish it in their magazine for the world to see. Now guess what. I can not legally copy that picture and use it in my local builder's newsletter because News Week owns the copyright. Everyone got compensation for my creative work but me because I am not protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan
One of those downsides is a LOT of people who stop giving us information or entertainment, because there's nothing in it for them. That's a lot of loss.
Steve, some of that would not be too much of a loss, and definitely do not mean you. Of course opinions and tastes vary.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote