View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #67
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
Ebooks are an inferior product.

I would have to agree that ebooks are inferior in terms of quality. If they want to charge more, they should improve the quality.

1) DRM ridden (Limits portability among other issues)
2) Inconsistent formatting , sometimes poor proofing/editing (Difficult to go into the file and fix the errors myself because of DRM)
3) Many of my ebooks do not even contain cover art
4) Can not lend out/resell
5) Can't even donate to a library

I believe there was a whole thread devoted to the format and errors in J. R. R. Tolkien's ebook when they were first released.

It's like paying hardcover prices on a mass paperback book. You can argue that it's worth it because a mass paperback books is lighter and smaller so you're paying for the convenience. /shrug

I just don't feel that ebooks are worth $15 or even $10. But that's my own perception and I'm sure many would disagree since we value things differently based on our own nature.

Last edited by MerLock; 02-03-2010 at 05:54 PM.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote