View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
I liked Crown of Slaves very much - especially 'my poor Victor' - and I hope I will enjoy Torch as well (I hope so despite the above reviews...).
Bald Eagle, I may be giving you the wrong impression. I'm not sorry that I bought Torch of Freedom; in fact, I stayed up last night several extra hours to finish it. My review is in comparison to Crown of Slaves, which I consider to be the significantly better book, and to the Safehold Series' first two books Off Armageddon Reef and By Schism Rent Asunder, both of which were sole authored by Weber. Torch is still a good read, just not equivalent to Crown or the other two books. You will enjoy Torch, just not as much (in my not-so-humble opinion).

Last edited by rhadin; 11-25-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added missing "and" so a sentence makes sense
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote