View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #23773
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
But at the business table, a simple mistake like that can cost a entire deal. Even the terms we use can make or break it. To say "I think we are on the same track' to us means we are thinking the same way. To the Japanese, it means 'we can never meet or agree.'

Stitchawl

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
I heard a similar story back in the 80s. An American jeopardized a deal when he said he was sure that their companies had "parallel goals." Parallel lines never meet.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote