View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
flypig
flypig began at the beginning.

Device: ADE, FBreader, others
Fragment Identifier missing, but looks OK

I've searched on this topic but am not finding solutions. Sometimes people just write back and say "fixed it" without saying how! :-)

Here is my error from epubcheck online and the relevant code. This repeats for what looks to be every TOC entry in the toc.ncx:

ERROR: Apples_to_Apples.epub/OEBPS/toc.ncx(3): 'toc-anchor-5': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Apples_to_Apples.xhtml'

xhtml file:

<h2 class="chapter-title" xml:lang="en-us" id="toc-anchor-5">Chapter 1. <br/>Introduction</h2>

toc.ncx file:

<navPoint id="navpoint-5" playOrder="6"><navLabel><text>Chapter 1. Introduction</text></navLabel><content src="Apples_to_Apples.xhtml#toc-anchor-5"/>

So what exactly is the fragment identifier and what does not defined really mean? The id of id="toc-anchor-5 is there in the xhtml file, is there some other specific syntax I need to use to satisfy the "defined" this error refers to? Do I have to have a parallel id="toc-anchor-5 somewhere in that toc.ncx code? Or do I need to use an <a name="toc-anchor-5"> like I would if I were making internal page links in an html file?

This code comes directly from the InDesign Export to ePUB process, unedited by me, using a TOC style in InDesign. This is truly an error because Adobe Digital Editions shows the TOC structure in the nav area but the links are not clickable.

Any solutions would be much appreciated. I hate hate hate TOCs, esp with ePUB and Kindle being so different!

Carol
flypig is offline   Reply With Quote