View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
How do you handle crowded situations?
Does it get you anxious, claustrophobic, angry or do you get a cozy feeling of unity?
Does it affect you differently in different situations?

I had tears rolling down, I was laughing so hard! That is Tokyo rush hour! thousands of people get up +- 1 hour earlier than necessary, and go back several or many station, or right back to the beginning of the line in order to get a seat!

The first time I came to Tokyo and had to take a train during rush hour, I ended up being almost 3 hours late for my appointment. At first - horrified- I thought I would just wait 15-30 min for the rush to slow down... 2 hours and several attempts later, I decided to walk. It was mid summer and extremely humid and I only had a very vague idea of where I was.... That trip I spent a ridiculous amount of money on taxis, because I couldn't work out the bus system. Fortunately I was living near the center of the city.

These days, not for love or any amount of money, do I take a job that I can't cycle to or at the very least, a job that starts and finishes outside rush hour. Even then... I still sometimes find myself in that crushed situation. It is absolute hell!

To answer the question; it gets me anxious, claustrophobic and angry - even after all these years.
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote