View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 AM   #10
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah they are removed in the final stage creation of the epub.
Oops! Sorry for my ignorance of XHTML.

However, are you sure that they are removed. I've just had a closer look at the resulting EPUB.

An <i/> tag is located at page 21 (Chapter 1) - EPUB text stays italic until page 105 (beg Chapter 4).

Similarly a <b/> tag at page 1016 (Chapter 26) - EPUB text stays bold until page 1095 (Chapter 28)

For completeness, I created an LRF with all the same settings. The LRF has bold and italics in all the right places. The <i/> and <b/> tags do still exist in the debug HTML. Think I'll stick with reading LRFs for the time being.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote