View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #87
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
TONS of readers are now getting books pre-release from netgalley. Indie authors can list their books with netgalley as well for a fee of 350 per book. So some of those stars/reviews are legit.

The free idea has worked for some authors. In the past, I've found it works better to just let reviewers know the books are there for the asking, but that started to backfire when I got emails from people without blogs, without any reviews on Amazon (or very, very few) and so on.

I think free can help with a first book, but it isn't a panacea. At this point, I've chosen to make my books lendable so that places like Lendleme might have a copy. That allows people to test drive. The problem with free is that too many people now download free and forget they have it. They never get to it. With lendleme, you have a timeframe. You're either going to read it or let it expire.

There are also a lot more free books so the competition to get noticed via that route is even more difficult that it used to be.

Hmm. I guess there are no easy answers.
Some of our books come from Netgalley, we do review ARCs per release, but the majority of books are release date or post release date reviews.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote