View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesilver View Post
X-Ray was useful to me when reading Dance with Dragons. It gave me a quick, offline way to remind myself who some of the more minor characters and locations are.

X-Ray is not a gimmick, but its usefulness just depends on how much info authors/publishers decide to put into it.
Actually it depends for the most part on whether Shelfari users are reading the book and creating descriptions there. Publishers/authors can contribute as Shelfari users, but I doubt many do. (other content is pulled from wikipedia)

Crowdsourcing is the strength of XRay, but also its weakness.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote