View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Kindle Paperwhite - improved the PDF support?

before I get too carried along by the Paperwhite hype-wagon I wanted to know if anyone has experimented with its PDF functionality?

historically Kindles have lacked support for basic PDF navigation (presumably because it doesn't generate any income for the mighty Amazon), and historically they dumped support for their large screen DX, despite it being ideal for PDFs.

i've read the latest reviews but as yet none of these reviewers have bothered to load a pdf into the device before hurrying out their gushing reviews.

i would very much appreciate a few basic questions answered, namely:

1. does it finally support table of contents?
2. does it finally support manual cropping of margins?
3. does it have reflow?
4. can you read PDFs in landscape?

in short, is it a versatile e-reader, or a crippled device optimised for amazon's own content?
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote