View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #71
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@BetterRed - I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about. Do you mean you want to reapply a sort order (as specified by a view) after doing an edit in the main library grid, via a keyboard shortcut? You can assign keyboard shortcuts to your views within the plugin - for instance I assign ctrl+1 for my primary view and every time I want to re-sort after adding books or whatever I just hit that...
Thank you for your response

My idea was to combine redo-sort with redo-search - on reflection that's probably not a good idea

I have 12 Views - 4 column sets, each with 3 sort variants - I can't imagine devising a coherent set of short cuts without disturbing long standing system and calibre shortcuts. Also there's nothing on screen that tells me which View I am currently using. That's not a problem but it might be if I wanted to have a different shortcut for each view - but I don't - want to do that.

And I don't really have a primary view - I'm currently making a comic library for a mate who's serving in Afghanistan - actually its for his kids... As you can imagine the views I'm using for that are different to the ones I have for my Journals library

So what I would like - is a shortcut to re-fresh/re-sort whatever the current view happens to be - I don't have a problem with using the drop down to switch views.

Hope that makes sense, but its a 'nice to have' request, not even a 'should have', let alone a 'must have'.

tks BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote