View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #47
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearindex View Post
Unfortunately I see it more as a sign of DX being end-of-lifed completely, so if someone really wants one, now is probably the time to act. Just a guess, of course.

As some have pointed out, there is also a genuine concern what will happen to basic e-ink Kindles overall, now that tablets and frontlights are all the rage.

Personally I hope regular e-ink option continues in some form. It is really a quite unique technology and Kindle has a great ecosystem for it.

For those abroad, if something is not shipping to you direct from Amazon, you could consider someone like Borderlinx as a forwarding service. It will cost extra, though, but it does work.
Agreed. I don't see a large e-ink screen reader being a viable product. I think they are just trying to move any remaining stock.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote