View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #9
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
When the Cover Story was first announced it was announced that it would have a Wacom screen -- which is why I was curious about your comments, silv, of the final product having a screen that was so imprecise. I gather they changed their mind somewhere along the way.

But can we really describe the Story as real or fully open-source? Samac has commented in another thread on some of the source files being locked, with the password undisclosed. And it's my understanding that the open-source declaration was really a bit of bum-covering made necessary because iRiver got sprung using open-source code under the GNU licence but treating it like it was proprietary code.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote