View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by yessirrom View Post
I really enjoyed this book. Best in a long time. The Stand was my favorite as well. I tend to like a long read and they both qualified as long and engrossing. I was struck at how many pop culture and current event references were sprinkled throughout. This seemed a very "now" book. It will date itself. I do not remember his other works being so.

Spoiler:
I did not get a Rush feel from Big Jim. Wishful thinking?
The "nowness" struck me as well. I laughed a the Tiger Woods references.

The Stand, for me, is still a great adventure, as is The Dark Tower series. Unrelated people coming together from different places and/or time. Both are big sweeping works with hope playing a very big part.

Under the Dome, for me was claustrophobic and really hopeless until the end, which was a bit too simple. BTW, the end reminded me of similar Twilight Zone and Star Trek episodes.

Oh and on "wishful thinking", maybe, since a certain person had some heart issues this past week. It just all seemed to fit.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote