View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #38
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
recently I bought a mini-USB adapter to use a regular keyboard with my smartphone

this is clearly a better solution than buying a small screen AND a small/useless keyboard, i.e. a netbook

that said, aside from too many useless apps and games, the software landscape on mobile is still playing catch-up with desktop computing. I believe it's just a matter of time when it'll vastly surpass it, though.

Mobile devices are indeed personal computing to the extreme, always in your pocket. but you can easily connect them to TVs or keyboards and thus have all the benefits of today's desktops, plus a truly integrated environment like the old PC never quite got around to do right.

one could argue: but a desktop is far more powerful! so what? regular word processing or web applications never were as processing-intensive as desktop vendors want you to believe. All that extra power used to go into gaming and that industry has largely migrated to mobile, much to the chagrin of microsoft...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote