View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hi Mate. Yeah. I wrote this TRIED to write this so that everyone could understand follow it.

Should have said maybe "It is a generalisation of the mechanism that allows us to run shell scripts by starting the file with "#!/bin/sh"."

EDIT: I also should have said MY WAY IS VERY RARELY THE "RIGHT" WAY

Didn't jump into WHAT it might be good for yet. or how to use it.

Didn't mount it under proc because that would require me creating a folder under the non FAT partition (and also on a minuscule level affecting space available), just seeing if this can be avoided is all. That is the only reason. It was just my preference. I was seeing if it would work completely separated is all...

Unsure if you noticed I did include the output of a single mount command with the relevant rw shown. I did not however put the output of trying to mount it in /proc - which would have complained about needing the folder first. obviously.

Perhaps I should have done and a bit of blurb about what I was doing in terms of the separation.

http://wiki.luajit.org/Linux-binfmt_misc - here is a simple example of binfmt_misc being used for the interested reader (and me)

Okay auto-mounting, that's helpful. I suppose the mount point is auto-created then?
I'll have to read up on that. or just test. ; )

I'm attempting to find the docs you pointed me at, at the moment : )
apologies if you think my approaches are a bit non-standard.

That would be a complete lack of knowledge. Ah well, I get results in the end.
What do you reckon to the other low-hanging fruit toy? Any usage Mr?

Cheers. If you think I should change something in the top post just let me know what and I'll get it done. Cheers again : )

Last edited by twobob; 08-27-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: added clarity. I hope
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote