View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #91
yasmeen
yasmeen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light
Update to my previous post.

I am still on my fourth Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight. This one seems to be holding up better than my previous three. My eyeglasses actually fell on this latest Nook from about about 18" up, and I was sure there would be a hotspot, but there was none.

I've left my Glowlight at work a few times and ending up doing my nighttime reading from my old Simple Touch using a book light. Despite the hassles of returning the Glowlight every time a hotspot develops, I would never want to go back to a book light. A book light never bothered me before, but after months of using the Glowlight, I could never go back. I've had about 10 different book lights, ranging in price from a few dollars to about $35, and not come close to the Glowlight.

As far as the contrast issues, I put the light on low when I'm not in very bright light and the problem is resolved. This Nook that has held up seems to have a more significant contrast issue than the previous three that developed hotspots, whether this is subjective on my part or related to why its lasting is anyone's guess.