View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #29
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Disagree. If Windows 8 runs slow on a lesser desktop running an older processor and with say 4GB of RAM, then it is not going to be fast on a lackluster tablet with only 2GB RAM. RAM doesn't normally have a lot to do with speed, but when you have so little of it and you have memory hog software by Microsoft, Adobe, or others, then there will be a huge slow down in running apps. I bet that tablet would piss all over itself, and whoever is holding it, if they tried to run Photoshop CS6!
This kind of argument is what I don't get. Who wants to run Photoshop on a 8" tablet? These are designed primarily for Metro apps, which they run very well. The desktop stuff is a bonus, no other tablet can run those kind of applications. And they run stuff like Office perfectly fine. Being able to run them in addition to the standard tablet stuff isn't a disadvantage.

If you do need something with real ultrabook specs to run photoshop, they have you covered there too with the Surface Pro and other Windows 8 devices.

Don't get me wrong, these Windows 8 devices aren't perfect by any means, but they are a lot better than most people give them credit for.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote