View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Actually the 8.1" tablets apparently all include MS office, even for regular Windows, not just for RT. But it would be a great deal even without it. You could use any old mouse and keyboard.
I might not have been clear.
My point was that after you take off the cost for the embedded Office, the tablet's cost is "just" $280.

As for the screen problems we are hearing about, perhaps as the manufacturing processes or software processes (which is it?) are tuned, they will go away? Still it does show something amiss with the QC. The usual "deadline" pressures, I presume.

Somewhere people are being impaled as with Apple maps.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote