View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #16059
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Union/Alliance Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I find some of Cherryh's books to be hard work. She's an excellent author, but her writing style isn't always easy to deal with. Another one of hers that I would recommend is the Cyteen trilogy. Although it's a part of the Union/Alliance series, it can be read in isolation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Cyteen is really just one thick book. It was published in one volume by New English Library. I think it was split in three books for the US version. Cyteen was for me not an easy read and a Cherryh book I would not re-read. And I am still a bit annoyed that you do not get to know who closed the door...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, it does have rather an "abrupt" ending, doesn't it? . It's a book I really enjoyed, though. Unfortunately, none of the Union/Alliance books seem to be available as ebooks.
Although these take in our solar system, they are an early part of the Union/Alliance series: The Belt Miners. Heavy Time comes first, but of course I didn't check that before I started reading the other one first.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote