View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #15986
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
This weekend I finished Dickens' Great Expectation, although a slow read, as Dickens always is for me, very enjoyable. I think one of my English teacher read a simplified version of this book to us one year because it was all very familiar.

I've also read the second and third episode of Sean Platt and David Wright's Yesterday's Gone serial. I've read the first one early January and thought it was okay. I had planned on reading just one more episode, to see if I would continue with the serial or not, and wasn't able to put my Kindle down after the second episode (which answers my question). I'm going to try to pace myself, though I expect that will be very hard . This series now has three "seasons" of each six episodes. The fourth one will start in August. Luckily they have several other serials on the go to keep me entertained, although when I'm up to date which each of them the question will be if I buy each episode or wait for the full season, which is cheaper, to be released .
Wow! Dickens to Platt/Wright in one post. Impressive!

I actually read the first one recently. I think I had a similar reaction to you. It was OK and I wasn't sure I'd continue. But given your reaction to the second, I'll give it a go.

If you're really patient, you can get the first 18 episodes for free. I have all 3 seasons and I haven't paid for a single episode. I just look out for them when they're free at Amazon.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote