View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #15984
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Now my next read will either be The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller or The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis. I can't make up my mind!
I named one of my horses after the ship in the series, and my German Shepard was named after the lion king in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Is there anyone that hasn't liked this book this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
There's a rash of people in this forum that have read or are intending to read this book in 2013.
It's on my TBR short list too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
No monsters. She states that she's seen spirits (ghosts?) of dead people. They don't do any harm to us, unlike what the horror movies have got us to believe. And she makes good use of her ability to help veteran's families find their graves, which were long lost in time of war. Kind of like looking for POW/MIA of the US. And it works.
Yes... it does work. It works very well. The ability to use more of our minds, and use them in more effective ways, is NOT some special 'power.' It's an ability we are ALL born with. But as we became more 'civilized,' the 'need' to use it decreased, and so we stopped paying attention to it. Then as the 'Age of Science' developed, since scientists insist that anything that can not be proven in a laboratory does NOT exist, we began to program our children into thinking that it in fact doesn't exist. However, those of us who use this ability KNOW that it exists. There is no question of that. We use it. If it didn't exist, we simply couldn't do so. And please note that I use the word 'ability,' rather than the word 'power.' It's not a power. It's not even a skill. It's a natural, innate ability we all have, and the more you use it, the more effectively you are ABLE to use it. Unfortunately, a lot of people are afraid of things that can't be proven in a laboratory, and so insist that they either don't exist, or worse... are 'evil.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You probably should turn your scepticism up a notch.
Why not try turning it down and seeing what happens? It doesn't cost anything to have an open mind. Don't even think outside the box. Think without a box.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote