View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #15982
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
And if you see the monster, then what? Since the movie 'Psycho,' many people check inside the shower stall before getting in, or look under the bed before turning out the lights. But how many actually bring a gun into the bathroom, or keep a wooden stake and mallet on the bedside table?

Personally, I rely upon my 'protection mantra,' which I recite when ever the need arises; "When in worry, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout! When in worry, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!"

It works.

(Joking aside, this actually does work. It's so completely ludicrous, that when chanted in circumstances of extreme danger, the absurdity of it calms a person right down, letting them deal a bit more rationally with the situation. )

Stitchawl
No monsters. She states that she's seen spirits (ghosts?) of dead people. They don't do any harm to us, unlike what the horror movies have got us to believe. And she makes good use of her ability to help veteran's families find their graves, which were long lost in time of war. Kind of like looking for POW/MIA of the US. And it works.

She actually is working for a body of the State, so it's not superstition. After reading the book, I believe she's not trying to sell anything here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Is there anyone that hasn't liked this book this year?
No, there isn't. Soon you'll be the only one left, Caleb. Hurry up, read it.

(I'd like to know who'd be the first, and their reasons also.)
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote