View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #25
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I can think of a few things I wouldn't read, but they're all in the "disgusting" category—tales of pedophilia, incest, racist books; that kind of garbage. Other than that, I'm pretty much like anyone else who works in the oldest profession in the world. I'll read anything if the pay is right.
I share your dislike. I picked up the first volume of Piers Anthony's "Bio of a Space Tyrant" series as a freebie. Very early in the book, the protagonist describes being forced to watch the rape of his sister. If I remember correctly, he finds that he enjoys it. I stopped reading then and there and deleted the book.

I'm not going to double-check this. Just too disgusting.

I've heard this series described as a science fiction classic, but I can find more enjoyable things for me to read.

Last edited by LovesMacs; 09-06-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to add this
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote