View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Oh man, is my crystal ball working great this morning - -
Your left index finger was busy doing something else (I can guess at what) when you typed mmsblk0p3 rather than mmcblk0p3.
My fingers OFTEN disobey my commands while typing these days. The last half year has been brutal. Most of my life I was a very fast and accurate typist. Getting old sucks. Sadly, MOST of my typing errors get through spell checkers just fine because my fingers decide to type a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT (correctly spelled) word than I told them too. I have noticed that they often refuse to type the letter "r" (choosing to just leave if off the end of a word more often than not). One of their favorite pranks is to change the word "word" to "work" or the word "than" to "that" (even in this sentence, where I had to go back and fix it, twice). And sadly, proofreading does not work until much later. My fingers seem to have a conspiracy with my eyes, making me see the "correct" words even when they are NOT correct. I have to go back and proofread again later (when my fingers are not paying attention). My body and mind do not get along with each other as well as they once did. I think that is a sign of getting old.

I fixed it in my previous post. Thanks for spotting it for me, or I may not have seen it for hours (if lucky) or days, or perhaps even weeks. I am often shocked at the typing errors in even my very old posts (which I correct when I find them).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-19-2012 at 08:51 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote