View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
jrlewis
SF/F Author
jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jrlewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
WANTED: Fantasy writers for a new collaborative series!

All right, writer friends. The time has come.

I have written a bunch of books by myself. But for my next trick, I’m going to need some help from you.

Remember a long time ago (last week) when I said I wanted to work on an open-world fantasy collaboration series? Well, the time has come and I’m looking for a few good writers.

It’s collaboration time!

Project Overview

I am putting together a team of 3-6 writers to create a new fantasy series. Together, we will invent a fantasy world, full of cool new fantasy demons or steampunk fairies or zombie unicorns or elvish freedom fighters… you know, stuff.

Then each of us will write our own novel in this shared world. While we write, we will contact each other from time to time with status updates and to collaborate with each other on cross-over characters or sub-plots to tie our books together.

At the end of the project, each writer will have produced a single novel (80,000 to 100,000 words) as well as a single short story teaser (~3,000 words).

I’ll do the final format and file generation so all of the books look and feel the same, and then give them back to the authors to self-publish simultaneously. (Let me say that again: You will publish and fully own your book! There is no gray area on that point.) Then we all get to promote our books and our series and brag about how we’re all awesome.

Visit my site for many, many more details.
jrlewis is offline   Reply With Quote