View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 01:46 AM   #57
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Is there a way to get type 1 fonts (as opposed to TTF or OTF) to work on the ereader? If so, how? I think type 1e fonts have two file types for every font style? Any help would be greatly appreciated so that I can post some new screenshots.

FontForge can handle this kind of conversion easily.

My NimbusMod started out as a type 1 font, and I used FontForge to do the required edits and conversion to TTF.

I run FontForge in Ubuntu, where it takes about a minute to install directly from the main Ubuntu software repository, and works perfectly.

For Macs and Windows it's a little bit more of a PITA to install FontForge and get it setup, because you not only have to find the required executable for your system, but may also have to load cygwin (in the case of Windows), or other libraries (Mac), and then make a few geek-tweaks to your system after installation to get everything properly configured.

FontForge has a bit of a learning curve, because you have full editing control of every font attribute, but whether you want to just convert font types as you mentioned, or edit every character glyph individually, FontForge will handle the job for you.

Last edited by delphin; 06-26-2011 at 02:16 AM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote