Thread: Classic Nook WiFi Connection
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Nook WiFi Connection

I just received my new Nook WiFi today. I cannot connect to my home WiFi service. I CAN connect to the public library's open WiFi service and can checkout The Daily and browse the eBook store via the open WiFi service.

My home WiFi service is WEP. The first key of the four available is the one in use. I have 6 "computers" that use this:
- 3 Windows Vista
- 1 Windows XP
- 1 Mac OSX
- 1 Nokia 770 running Linux

The "Network Authentication" in Windows Networking is "Shared", the encryption is "WEP", the SSID is broadcast - and I am able to see it and select it on the Nook. The signal strength as measured by the Nook is "Excellent".

I enter the 10 hex character encryption code - and it fails. I tried upper case for the A - F characters and it still fails. I tried ASCII and the "passphrase" that was used to generate the encryption keys and that fails too (I did not expect this to work).

The Nook is Registered and the battery is 95%. I have tried it on battery alone as well as plugged in to AC.

The WiFi Router is a Netgear WPN824v3. It is setup as a DHCP server. I am NOT filtering MAC addresses.

Anyone have any suggestions?
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote