View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #19
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John K View Post
I found Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles series to be light-hearted, angst-free reading. It's about the last living Druid. 2100 years old but looks and acts like a 21 year old. He draws power from the earth and one way he uses that is rapid healing. The stories do include injuries so that might be a negative. On the other hand, rapid healing from almost any injury might be a good fantasy for your situation.
I do love these myself. But there's a fair amount of violence and a bit of emotional drama, especially in later books (the most recent one was a toughie for me in two spots especially).

Oberon is HILARIOUS though. There are multiple laugh out loud moments in every single book. They're certainly worth taking a look at.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote