View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I can name for you books where an evil bastard is the protagonist (but good triumphs in the end, for selected WTF values of "good") and books where an evil (or at least grossly indifferent and uncaring) bastard is the antagonist and good does not so much triumph in the end as manage to cut its losses so that it's not a total rout.

But I don't think I could name for you one with both off the top of my head (or even after examining my bookshelves e- and paper).

BTW, if you are interested in one of the 2nd category, I highly recommend Barbara Hambly's "Darwath Trilogy" which involves Lovecraftian horrors "defeated" (well, more like understood the inevitable doom imposed by) by properly-researched historical scholarship. And her Asher & Ysidro historical vampire murder mystery/spy novels are pretty good in that good-not-triumphant-and-evil-kind-of-gets-away-with-it sense, and the 1st one in the series won both a Locus Award for best horror novel and a Lord Ruthven award.

They are apparently set at insane prices outside North America, so one's best bet for e-book purchasing is probably to lie about one's address.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote