Thread: indent control
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
thanks - getting there slowly- so it overrides all of any xhtml section which has this at the top
<style type="text/css">

( which seems to be all pages in all books! - can you give me an example of where it would not apply please

( I looked at some stylesheet.css but style types is not defined in there , i just see list of the various .calibreNN style definitions - is that correct ? )
most XHTML tags have defaults and need not be specified (if that meets your needs) . Not all devices implemented the defaults properly , leading to Stylesheets full of verbose entries and workarounds

p (in a CSS) applies to all <p> tags (contains NO dot)
.p is not the same (it is a class selector with a 'trip-you-up' name)

h1,h2,h3 {
text-align: center
}
(Notation), applies to all H1 H2 and H3 tags

Bottom line:
You are overriding a Default, which is why you don't see it in the CSS.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote