View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #15
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
"But if you had $150 in your pocket, and saw the Kobo side-by-side with the Nook ... You'd be tempted by a little color touch screen ... user-replaceable battery ... free WiFI capability in thousands of locations ... "

I agree with you that the Kobo needs to come down in price to compete in the marketplace, but honestly, I wish I could have compared the Kobo and the nook side by side and held each one, played with them. I've revisited the nook since buying a Kobo and have no buyer's remorse at all. The nook is half-again heavier and just clunkier.

It's hard to sell "less is more" in this country, though, so ultimately I think you're right.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote