View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgatwood View Post
The comment I replied to was about iPhone and iPad, so in that context, that's not true for two reasons:

1. From what I've seen, the ADE-compatible readers on iOS appear to be built on top of WebKit rather than Adobe's rendering code, so there is a fair chance that they will handle media queries even though ADE on other platforms does not.

2. It is not a foregone conclusion that most iPhone and iPad users use an ADE-based reader rather than iBooks.

Bluefire is based on ADE, not WebKit. All the offshoots of Bluefire are based on ADE. Sony's Reader software is based on ADE. I would guess that Overdrive would be based on ADE due to the DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote