View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #1145
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
If the actual question is "Is it worth doing it?", I would rather say no. The extracted highlights and annotations are NOT exported in the sequence they have in the book. You might however be interested in this tool.
Is it worth doing? Yes, but I also want to minimize the effort for doing this for every book.

What do I want to do with it? Well, I want to have a summary of all my highlights for a specific book that I read. That way I could come back and not read the whole book

That's why I want to see the file struction and see how much formating and deleting I have to do in order to achieve this. Sos right now I'm only left with the Kindle as the only viable option as there is a service called clippingsconverter which nicely formats the highlight and lets you export them. Sad, that I have to resort to such measures and deal with a sub-par device

Personally, I'm dealing with non-DRM ebooks. And it personally offends and aggravates me to no end that it's made this hard to extract MY highlights. It would even be worse if they were paid books, because I believe that if I bought something it is mine and I should be able to do whatever I want with it as long as I don't resell or post the whole book on the internet or through that ebook at somebody

As you read, I pretty annoyed at the whole state of ebooks and annotations..so don't take it personally

Last edited by readandread; 04-16-2013 at 03:27 PM.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote