View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #140
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Following that logic, BlackBerry PlayBook and HP TouchPad should have been way more successful products.
Both did have great web browsers.
And they actually have been well designed products.
Both did bomb disastrously. HP TouchPad was taken from the market, BlackBerry PlayBook still sells but only for less than half of the original price.

Obviously, most consumers don't want to be limited to web apps.
Offline usage is one argument. Optimisation of layout, display size and such certainly another argument.
And lots of stuff simply isn't available as web apps.
I'm into navigation apps for example. Love to look for Points of Interest for example when on vacation. Navigon and the likes don't have web apps and I don't want to be limited to Google Maps.
I'm talking about a stationary PC replacement with physical keyboard, not a mobile tablet. The first one doesn't need apps, while the second one does.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote